Aug 14, 2013
Tokyo, August 7th 2013 - JCB International (JCBI), the international operations subsidiary of JCB, the only global payment brand based in Japan, is pleased to announce that Ta Chong Bank has signed a license agreement for JCB card issuance as the 25th JCB card issuer in Taiwan, and launched the TC Bank Le Siang Precious Card.
JCB card is now accepted in 190 countries and territories around the world. In Taiwan, about 300,000 merchants accept JCB card and the number of cardmembers exceeds 1.6 million in partnerships with financial institutions.
The TC Bank Le Siang Precious Card targets consumers who are interested in gourmet dining and traveling. Cardmembers can enjoy:
- Cashback for payments at restaurants, railway stations, travel agencies, etc.
- Free parking at designated parking areas in Taipei and at Taiwan Taoyuan International Airport
- Discount for movie tickets
- Special offers at over 200 restaurants
Privileges of the Precious Card, one of JCB’s highest status cards, include:
- Free airport transportation
- Special offers at selected restaurants for Precious Card
Kimihisa Imada, Deputy President of JCBI, said, “JCB and Taiwan have had a long‐term relationship since 1981, and we are committed to providing unique and diverse services to consumers in that market.” He added, “I am delighted to launch such a high quality card with Ta Chong Bank. The biggest advantage of this card is the number of services associated with travel and entertainment, and I am confident that cardmembers will experience more convenience with this card.”
Re-disseminated by The Asian Banker