Date: Mar 06, 2013
Categories: Retail Banking
, Technology & Operations
Keywords: Aozora Bank
Tokyo, March 1st 2013 - Aozora Bank, Ltd. (“Aozora” or “the Bank”) today announced the launch of the “Aozora Cash Card Plus”, scheduled for Monday, March 4, 2013.
This new product features the addition of a Visa debit card function provided by Visa Worldwide (Japan) Co., Ltd. (“Visa”) (Representative Director: Kazuhiko Okamoto) to the Aozora cash card.
Customers will be able to use the new card when they shop at domestic and overseas Visa merchant stores, as well as benefitting from cash back twice a year according to how much they have used the card. Aozora aims to enhance the level of convenience for its customers through the smart settlement service and the merit of cash back that this card brings.
Features of the new Aozora Cash Card Plus:
1. 0.25% cash back when the card is used to shop at Visa merchant stores
- Cash back amount based on the total amount spent on the card is deposited into the customer’s ordinary account twice a year in February and August.
2. Enhanced convenience for overseas travel
- The new card can be used at Visa merchant stores in over 200 countries and regions.
- Local currency can be withdrawn from an Aozora ordinary deposit account using over 1.8 million ATMs displaying the ‘Visa’ or ‘Plus’ symbols, removing the need for foreign currency exchange.
3. Settlement service that provides ease of use and peace of mind
- During shopping, funds are withdrawn from the customer’s ordinary deposit account instantly, removing the need for cash.
- No concerns about overspending as the balance of the customer’s ordinary deposit account determines the extent to which the card can be used. As the card can be used in the same way as cash, there is no need to search for an ATM.
- Registration via a dedicated web page allows usage statements to be viewed online.
Re-disseminated by The Asian Banker