Use of Augmented/Virtual Reality in Finance - Workshop
Nowadays, it seems like commercial banks are accounting for fewer mortgage loans than ever before, and that means more and more fintech companies are entering the highly competitive market – and AR technology is at the forefront of this customer experience transformation. For example, National Bank of Oman uses AR to allow customers to locate a nearby ATM or branch as well as find offers and deals while walking around a shopping mall or down the street anywhere in Oman. The Commonwealth Bank of Australia and Halifax in the UK offer “home finder” apps that use AR technology to allow users look at data on houses for sale as they pass them.
VR also unifies the real estate and the banking experience for the customer, which significantly reduces the hassles of scheduling appointments with customers, sellers, agents and bankers. With AR and VR becoming more functional as well as affordable, they can be utilized to transform the customer experience of the customers. Businesses that can effectively incorporate these immersive experiences by using the latest AR and VR technology will be able to create lasting impressions on customers.
MEET OUR WORKSHOP LEADER
Dr. John Holder
Chief Technologist, Realities Centre London
Dr. John Holder has over 20 years’ experience in VR and Immersive technology. In 2016 he was invited to exhibit Immersive Content at Cannes Film Festival, Artrooms London, Berlinale, Sundance, Paris VR Festival, Venice Film Festival, The BFi and UKVR fest. Specialised in MR, VR, 4k live-stream & recorded 360 video, photogrammetry and AR production. Creator of virtual and mixed reality experiences for HTC Vive, Oculus Rift, Microsoft Hololens, Samsung GearVR, Google Daydream and Cardboard utilising games engines, WebGL and 360° video. Doctor of Digital Arts, M.Sc. in Virtual Reality and believer of Immersion, Interaction and Innovation.
Augmented Reality & Virtual Reality in the Financial Services Industry - Workshop
Wednesday May 29, 2019
08:00 – 09:00
09:00 – 09:30
Welcome Remarks & Introduction by Dr. John Holder
09:30 – 10:30
Fundamentals of Augmented Reality (AR) and Virtual Reality (VR)
Understanding the history, differences and uses of AR and VR.
- Virtual Reality & Augmented Reality – Past and present
- Learn the difference between AR/VR
- Using this technology within the corporate context
10:30 – 11:00
11:00 – 12:30
Augmented reality – The future of the financial services industry
- The potential of AR to transform productivity
- AR enabling realistic person-person interactions
- Reducing costs for the FIs physical branches
- Augmented reality market worth $80bn by 2025
- Group exercise
12:30 – 13:30
13:30 – 15:00
Virtual reality – Conquering every sector
Offering fully immersive sensations, the virtual reality market is expected to represent 30 billion dollars by 2020 and impact every sector of the economy.
- Visualising intangible services
- Enhancing the conversation with customers
- Integrating VR into next-generation financial services
- Virtual reality challenges and opportunities
- Group exercise
15:00 – 15:30
15:30 – 17:00
Launching AR/VR strategies for your institutions
- Defining AR/VR project
- Prototyping of an MVP
- Project planning, scope, timeframe and management
- Content production for AR/VR project
- Final project
End of workshop
Who will attend?
The programme is designed for decision makers and senior professionals from the following areas of specialty:
- Chairmen, CEOs, board members, senior management of leading tradition financial institutions, including banks, insurance companies, asset management and securities houses
- Founders, CEOs and leaders in new age financial institutions including peer-to-peer lending and investing and disruptors in blockchain, AI and blockchain who are potentially transforming the industry and want to be part of the bigger conversation
- Founders, CEOs and leaders in financial technology start ups and service providers
- Senior managers responsible for implementing digital and transformational projects in their institutions
- Regulators, government officials and policy makers who want to be part of the conversation
Future of Finance Summit 2019
Full access to the Future of Finance Summit Workshops, Conferences and exhibition area (29-31 May 2019)*
EARLY BIRD DISCOUNT(BEFORE 2019-02-15)
FULL PRICE(AFTER 2019-02-15)
Sponsorship & Exhibition
The Future of Finance Summit 2018 is a globally acknowledged annual gathering that brings together a wide range of players who shape the future of the financial services industry.
The Future of Finance Summit will feature a host of amazing, unique and out-of-box speakers and panellists who will help us break through our thinking on the transformations that are happening globally.